Signs and Symptoms of Addiction May Include:
- Slurred speech, impaired conditions, or tremors
- Changes in appetite or sleep patterns
- Deterioration of physical appearance, personal grooming habits
- Unusual smells on breath, body, or clothing
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Constricted or dilated pupils
- Increased expressions of anger or other emotions
- Losing interest in hobbies and activities the person used to enjoy
- Increased relationship, legal, work, and/or financial problems
These symptoms are just a short list of possible symptoms of drug and/or alcohol abuse. Once separated, oneÂ may begin a short period of acute physical withdrawal.
Signs and Symptoms of Acute Withdrawal may Include:
- Flu like symptoms such as aches, runny nose, chill bumps, sneezing and more.
- Restlessness, sweating, insomnia, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Difficulty breathing
- Tremors or seizures
All of these could also be signs of other medical problems, but usually are an indication of some form of substanceÂ abuse. If an addict stays away from drugs long enough to overcome these symptoms they may also suffer from Post-Acute Withdrawal (PAWS). Post-Acute Withdrawal can last from 6 months to 2 years or more. PAWS symptoms may include mood swings, anxiety, irritability, low enthusiasm, and more.
If you or a loved one is showing these signs The Owl’s Nest is here to help!
Our staff has been through these and know how to help the addict who may be suffering these. We are not a medical facility but we do work closely with many local hospitals and clinics equipped to help those suffering. While moderate opiate withdrawal usually does not require medical attention, severe benzodiazepine and alcohol withdrawal often do require a definite medical attention. We make sure they are able to receive all medical care needed at local facilities.
The Owl’s Nest is a recovery community with programs designed to create a structured environment where all of our residents can establish a solid foundation of 12 Step Recovery.
Our entire program staff at The Owl’s Nest has experienced addiction in their own lives. We know what it feels like to battle and overcome addiction. That unique perspective allows us to reach those who seek to do the same.
We are also committed to making recovery accessible and affordable for all of those who seek it. This is why The Owl’s Nest programs are offered at a fraction of the price of other recovery institutions.
To learn more about our program please call or download our Informational Brochure